The primary audience for this course are existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016. Additionally this course is for existing SQL Server 2014 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
Esitiedot: In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2014.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system and networking.
Materiaali: This course is delivered as MOC on Demand.
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2016
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
Module 2: What’s New in SQL Server Performance
- Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- Query Store
- Live Query Statistics
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
Module 3: What’s New in SQL Server Security?
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
Module 4: What’s New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- What’s New with tempdb?
- Use Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2016
- PowerShell 5.0
Module 5: What’s New in SQL Server Reporting and BI
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
- Mobile Report Publisher
Module 6: What’s New in SQL Server Data Access?
- What’s new in Integration Services
- Working with SSIS and Azure
Module 7: New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- What’s New in SQL Server Analysis Services
Module 8: What’s New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- What’s New in SQL Server Azure Database
Keywords: SQL, SQL Server 2016