The course is targeted at experienced IT Professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.
Students typically should have more than four years of hands-on experience* planning and maintaining SharePoint Server and other core technologies upon which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 R2 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services.
Students should have completed Course 20339-1A: Planning and Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2016, or have gained equivalent knowledge and experience before taking this course.
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience, with Microsoft SharePoint Online.
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint Server workloads.
- Has experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with authentication and security technologies.
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell.* The hands-on experience or job experience should be from a solutions-based role where the candidate has worked on multiple solutions in the SharePoint Server space that includes document management, content management, and search.
An ideal candidate for this course must have at least one year experience with deploying and administering multiple SharePoint Server 2013 farms across a large enterprise. The candidate should have completed Course 20339-1A: Planning and Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2016, or should demonstrate equivalent skills.
Before attending this course, students must demonstrate the following skills:
- At least a one-year experience of mapping business requirements to both logical and physical technical designs.
- Working knowledge of network design, including network security.
- Software management experience in a Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2016 environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administering IIS.
- Configuring AD DS for use in authentication and authorization, and as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell 2.0 or later.
- Connecting applications to SQL Server.
- Implementing claims-based security.
Material: This course is delivered as MOC on Demand.
Module 1: Introduction to SharePoint 2016
- Core components of the SharePoint 2016 architecture
- New, deprecated, and removed features in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online editions
Module 2: Introduction to hybrid scenarios for SharePoint 2016
- Exploring the hybrid features in SharePoint 2016
- Preparing for a hybrid SharePoint 2016 deployment
Module 3: Designing business continuity management strategies
- Designing database topologies for high availability and disaster recovery
- Designing a SharePoint infrastructure for high availability
- Planning for disaster recovery
Module 4: Planning and implementing Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service
- Planning and configuring BCS
- Configuring the Secure Store Service
- Managing BCS models
Module 5: Configuring productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Understanding the SharePoint Add-in architecture
- Provisioning and managing apps and App Catalogs
- Provisioning productivity services
Module 6: Managing solutions in Microsoft SharePoint 2016
- Understanding the SharePoint 2016 solution architecture
- Managing sandboxed solutions
Module 7: Connecting people
- Managing user profiles
- Enabling social interaction
- Building communities
Module 8: Planning and configuring web content management
- Planning and implementing a web content management infrastructure
- Configuring managed navigation and catalog sites
- Supporting multiple languages and locales
- Enabling design and customization
- Supporting mobile users
Module 9: Planning and configuring Enterprise Content Management
- Planning Enterprise Content Management
- Planning and configuring eDiscovery
- Planning records management
Module 10: Planning and configuring business intelligence solutions
- Planning BI architecture
- Planning, deploying, and managing BI services
- Planning and configuring advanced analysis tools
Module 11: Planning and configuring productivity and collaboration
- Planning and configuring collaboration features
- Planning and configuring composites
Module 12: Upgrading and migrating to SharePoint 2016
- Preparing for an upgrade or migration
- Upgrade to SharePoint 2016
- Planning and managing a site-collection upgrade
Keywords: SharePoint 2016