This course is for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or intends to use, the latest release of Configuration Manager and Intune to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications. By using Configuration Manager with Intune, EDAs also can support either domain-joined or non-domain-joined Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) scenarios, mobile-device management, and secure data access on common operating-system platforms, such as Windows, Windows Phone, Apple iOS, and Android.
Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
Material: This course is delivered as MOC on Demand.
Module 1: Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
- Overview of systems management by using enterprise-management solutions
- Overview of the Configuration Manager architecture
- Overview of the Configuration Manager administrative tools
- Tools for monitoring and troubleshooting a Configuration Manager site
- Introduction to queries and reports
Module 2: Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
- Configuring site boundaries and boundary groups
- Configuring resource discovery
- Configuring the Exchange Server Connector for mobile-device management
- Configuring user and device collections
Module 3: Deploying and managing clients
- Overview of the Configuration Manager client
- Deploying the Configuration Manager client
- Configuring and monitoring client status
- Managing client settings in Configuration Manager
Module 4: Managing inventory for PCs and applications
- Overview of inventory collection
- Configuring hardware and software inventory
- Managing inventory collection
- Configuring software metering
- Configuring and managing Asset Intelligence
Module 5: Distributing and managing content used for deployments
- Preparing the infrastructure for content management
- Distributing and managing content on distribution points
Module 6: Deploying and managing applications
- Overview of application management
- Creating applications
- Deploying applications
- Managing applications
- Deploying virtual applications by using System Center Configuration Manager (optional)
- Deploying and managing Windows Store apps
Module 7: Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
- The software updates process
- Preparing a Configuration Manager site for software updates
- Managing software updates
- Configuring automatic deployment rules
- Monitoring and troubleshooting software updates
Module 8: Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
- Overview of Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager
- Configuring, deploying, and monitoring Endpoint Protection policies
Module 9: Managing compliance and secure data access
- Overview of compliance settings
- Configuring compliance settings
- Viewing compliance results
- Managing resource and data access
Module 10: Managing operating-system deployments
- An overview of operating-system deployment
- Preparing a site for operating-system deployment
- Deploying an operating-system
Module 11: Mobile device management using Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune
- Overview of mobile-device management
- Managing mobile devices with on-premises infrastructure
- Managing mobile devices by using Configuration Manager and Intune
- Managing settings and protecting data on mobile devices
- Deploying applications to mobile devices
Module 12: Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site
- Configuring role-based administration
- Configuring remote tools
- Overview of Configuration Manager site maintenance
- Performing backup and recovery of a Configuration Manager site
Keywords: System Center Configuration Manager