This one-day instructor-led course provides delegates with a technical overview of cloud computing.
This course is suitable for engineering, technical management and sales/marketing staff who have no prior knowledge of the cloud.
- The Definition of Cloud Computing
- The Benefits of the Cloud
- Cloud-enabling technologies: virtualization, multi-tenanting and related topics
- Services, Service-Oriented Architectures
- Cloud Service Models: IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Cloud Deployment Models: Public, Private, Hybrid and Community clouds
- Building a Cloud: Open Standards and Open Source Cloud Management Tools
- Architectural Best Practices: Designing for the Cloud
- Security in the Cloud
- Economics of the Cloud: Costs and Payment Models
- When to Use the Cloud (and When Not To)
- Cloud Strategy
- Cloud Standards and the Future
- A basic understanding of the architecture and technologies that support the internet is required.
- Delegates should have familiarity with technical IT, data storage and/or the provision of software or services.