This course offers an overview of these services, providing the knowledge necessary to design hybrid solutions properly. It also includes a number of demonstrations and labs that enable students to develop hands-on skills that are necessary when implementing such solutions.
This course is intended for IT professionals and development operations (DevOps) professionals who are well versed in on-premises technologies and who have some knowledge of cloud technologies but want to learn more about integrating their on-premises environments with Azure. These professionals should have at least three years of experience working in their respective fields—typically, in the areas of on-premises system administration or network administration, in addition to DevOps support. These IT professionals have broadly applicable administration and operational skills, and they generally work for both enterprise-level organizations and small and medium business environments.
More specifically, the intended audience includes:
- IT professionals who have used on-premises virtualization technologies, including both Hyper-V and VMware platforms, but who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines in Azure.
- IT professionals who have used Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate an on-premises server infrastructure.
- Windows and Linux administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises workloads and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who need to implement network connectivity between on-premises environments and services that Azure or Microsoft Office 365 hosts.
- IT professionals who want to use Azure to increase the resiliency and agility of their on-premises environments.
- DevOps personnel who are considering deploying hybrid solutions that consist of both cloud-based and on-premises components.
- IT professionals and DevOps personnel who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies,, who meet the course prerequisites, and how are looking to cross-train on Azure.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- An understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), VPNs, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- An understanding of web applications, including creating, configuring, monitoring, and deploying web applications on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- An understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, the Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016 fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Windows PowerShell command-line interface basics.
- Knowledge of cloud computing basics.
Material: This course is delivered as MOC on Demand.
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft Azure
Overview of cloud computing and Azure
Overview of the Azure deployment models
Module 2: Integrating with Azure Compute services
Overview of Azure virtual machines and Azure cloud services
Migrating workloads to Azure virtual machines by using virtual machine images and disks
Extending HPC workloads to Azure
Integrating compute workloads by using containers and Azure Service Fabric
Module 3: Integrating with Microsoft Azure virtual networks
Overview of Azure Virtual Network Service
Extending on-premises networks to Azure
Module 4: Integrating with Azure Storage and data services
Overview of Azure Storage and data services
Implementing Azure Backup for on-premises workloads
Module 5: Designing and implementing Azure Site Recovery solutions
Overview of Site Recovery
Planning for Site Recovery
Implementing Site Recovery with Azure as the disaster recovery site
Module 6: Designing and implementing cross-premises applications
Overview of cross-premises application capabilities and their design considerations
Implementing cross-premises solutions for desktop, web, and mobile apps
Module 7: Integrating operations and application monitoring and management
Overview of the cross-premises monitoring and management capabilities of Microsoft Azure
Implementing cross-premises Azure monitoring and management solutions
Avainsanat: Azure, Cloud Service