This course is intended for IT professionals who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure.
– IT professionals who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines (VMs) in Azure.
– IT professional who use Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate server infrastructure.
– Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
– IT professionals who want to use Windows Azure to host websites and mobile app backend services.
– IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
– IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
– Completed the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012.
– Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks (VHDs).
– Understanding of network configuration, including: TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
– Understanding of websites, including: how to create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
– Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including: domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
– Understanding of database concepts, including: tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas.
– Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
Material: This course is delivered as MOC on Demand. In addition you will have Digital MOC available for reading online or offline.
Test: This course also is intended for IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
Module 1: Introduction to Azure
Module 2: Implementing and managing Azure networking
Module 3: Implementing virtual machines
Module 4: Managing virtual machines
Module 5: Implementing Azure App services
Module 6: Planning and implementing storage, backup, and recovery services
Module 7: Planning and implementing Azure SQL Database
Module 8: Implementing PaaS cloud services
Module 9: Implementing Azure Active Directory
Module 10: Managing Active Directory in a hybrid environment
Module 11: Implementing Azure-based management and automation