This course is for Enterprise Desktop Administrators
Before attending this course, students must have:
System administrator–level working knowledge of:
Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
Basic concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) security.
Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
Basic understanding of the management tasks that you can perform by using Configuration Manager.
Material: This course is delivered as MOC on Demand.
Module 1: Assessing the network environment for supporting operating system and application deployment
- Overview of the enterprise desktop life cycle
- Assessing readiness for a desktop deployment by using Configuration Manager
- Assessing deployment readiness by using MAP
Module 2: Determining operating system deployment strategies
- Understanding tools and strategies you can use for operating system deployment
- Using the High Touch with Retail Media deployment strategy
- Using the High Touch with a Standard Image deployment strategy
- Using a lite touch deployment strategy
- Using a zero touch deployment strategy
- Alternative deployment strategies for Windows desktops
Module 3: Assessing application compatibility
- Diagnosing application compatibility issues
- Mitigating application compatibility issues
- Using ACT to address application compatibility issues
Module 4: Planning and implementing user state migration
- Overview of user state migration
- Overview of USMT 10.0
- Planning user state migration
- Migrating user state by using USMT
Module 5: Determining an image management strategy
- Overview of the Windows image file format
- Overview of image management
Module 6: Preparing for deployments by using the Windows ADK
- Overview of the Windows setup and installation process
- Preparing boot images by using Windows PE
- Using Windows SIM and Sysprep to automate and prepare an image installation
- Capturing and servicing a reference image using DISM
- Using the Windows ICD
Module 7: Supporting PXE-initiated and multicast operating system deployments
- Overview of PXE-initiated and multicast operating system deployments
- Installing and configuring the Windows DS environment
Module 8: Implementing operating system deployment by using the MDT
- Planning for the MDT environment
- Implementing MDT 2013 Update 2
- Integrating Windows DS with MDT
Module 9: Managing operating system deployment
- Overview of operating system deployment
- Preparing a site for operating system deployment
- Deploying an operating system
Module 10: Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager for operating system deployment
- Integrating deployment tools with Configuration Manager
- Integrating MDT with Configuration Manager
Module 11: Activating clients and managing additional configuration settings
- Solutions for volume license activation
- Determining additional client configuration settings
Module 12: Deploying Office 2016
- Methods for deploying Microsoft Office 2016 editions
- Customizing Office deployments
- Deploy Office 2016 by using Office 365
- Managing Office settings
- Introducing Windows Store for Business
- Distributing apps by using Windows Store for Business
Avainsanat: käyttöönotto, Työasemat