This course is intended for students who are experienced with analyzing data with Excel and who wish to add BI techniques.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting, and sub-totals.
- Basic knowledge of data analytics equivalent to having attended course 10994.
Materiaali: This course is delivered as MOC on Demand. In addition you will have Digital MOC available for reading online or offline.
Module 1: Data Analysis in Excel
- Classic Data Analysis with Excel
- Excel Pivot Tables
- Limitations of Classic Data Analysis
Module 2: The Excel Data Model
- Using an Excel Data Model
Module 3: Importing Data from Files
- Importing Data into Excel
- Shaping and Transforming Data
- Loading Data
Module 4: Importing Data from Databases
- Available Data Sources
- Previewing, Shaping, and Transforming Data
- Table Relationships and Hierarchies
- Loading Data
Module 5: Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Transforming Excel report Data
Module 6: Creating and Formatting Measures
- Advanced DAX Functions
Module 7: Visualizing Data in Excel
- Pivot Charts
- Cube Functions
- Charts for Cube Functions
Module 8: Using Excel with Power BI
- Power BI
- Uploading Excel Data to Power BI
- Power BI Mobile App