The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the delegate has achieved sufficient understanding of ISO/IEC 20000 and its application to be able to analyse and apply their knowledge to a range of activities that would support organizations in conforming to the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1, and achieving and retaining ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
You will sit your Practitioner exam on the last day of this course.
This qualification is aimed at practitioners, managers and consultants involved in an SMS implementation and/or on-going activities based on ISO/IEC 20000.
- Understand the purpose, use and application of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of the standard
- Assist and advise organizations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000-1 and certification
- Understand, explain and advise on issues regarding applicability and scope definition
- Understand and explain the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 and ITSM best practices, ITIL, and related standards, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001, and how this can be used to support the achievement of certification to ISO/IEC 20000
- Explain and apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Explain the use of technology and tools to support the implementation and improvement of an SMS, the achievement of certification and the on-going demonstration of conformity to ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Advise and assist in ISO/IEC 20000 certification readiness assessments to evaluate an SMS against the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Produce and assess a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate a service management plan including the service management policy and objectives
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate processes, procedures, process specific plans and process specific policies required by ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Assist, advise and assess organizations on the implementation of continual improvement processes
- Advise, prepare and analyse organizations for an ISO/IEC 20000 certification audit using the regulations of the APMG certification scheme
- ISO/IEC 20000 Definintions
- Purpose and definition of an SMS
- Specific reuirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- SMS general requirements
- Service management plan
- Roles required to operate an SMS
- Specific requirements of, and the ability to appropriately apply all Service delivery and relationship processes, in order to support and achieve confirmity with ISO/IEC 20000
- Specific requirements of, and the ability to appropriately apply the design and transition of new or changed services process, control processes and resolution processes, in order to support and achieve confirmity with ISO/IEC 20000
- Applicability and scope of certification
- APMG Certification scheme
The pre-requisite for this qualification is the APMG ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation which is specifically designed as preparation for this Practitioner qualification or the ITIL Foundation qualification.
APMG mandate that proof of ID is required from all delegates prior to taking the exam.