The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required as an end-user of Microsoft SharePoint Online. The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
You will discover and understand what SharePoint is and how to access it from a browser or from Office. You will learn how to use SharePoint to collaborate within a team, organise and manage documents, events, tasks and other items. You will use the tools provided to search for information and people, find documents and open them from Microsoft Office applications and Office Online.
This course is designed for users who are new or have basic skills with SharePoint. Although users will be given an insight into SharePoint the equivalent of a SharePoint Site member, they will be shown how to create certain objects to appreciate how they work.
- Explain how SharePoint can help them in a collaborative working environment
- Work with SharePoint apps / add-ins such as lists and libraries
- Customise apps to meet personal needs with metadata
- Create views to arrange items of information
- Connect certain lists and libraries to Microsoft Outlook
- Know when to Check in / Check out, or use Live Co-authoring
Module 1 – Understand SharePoint
- Introducing Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- Governance and the information worker
- SharePoint information structure
- Connect to SharePoint Online
- The SharePoint environment
- The Ribbon
- SharePoint live updates
Module 2 – SharePoint Apps
- What is a SharePoint app?
- Add SharePoint apps
- The List App interface
- SharePoint list apps
- Introducing list items
- The site recycle bin
Module 3 – SharePoint Library Apps
- Working with SharePoint library apps
- The library app interface
- Working with documents
- Document item menu
Module 4 – Manage Items
- Working with views
- Managing views
- Auditing items
Module 5 – Manage Content
- Using Alerts
- RSS Feeds
- Check out / check in a document
- Document Collaboration and co-authoring
- Sync a SharePoint library
- Connect information to Outlook
Module 6 – Discover Information
- Social Connection
- Social Networking using Newsfeeds
- Manage your personal site
- A basic understanding of Windows 7 or higher.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 11 or equivalent browser.
- Fundamental experience with Office 365 is essential, including Log in and navigation around the service.
- A basic knowledge of Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Please Note: If you attend a course and do not meet the prerequisites, you may be asked to leave
Avainsanat: SharePoint Online