This is a self-study course in SoveltoX -learning platform. The course is free of charge. Optionally you may verify your course completion with official Microsoft certificate through using Course Completion Voucher!
You will see how to import data from different sources, create mashups between data sources, and prepare the data for analysis. You will learn about how business calculations—from simple to more advanced—can be expressed using the DAX calculation engine. You will also learn how the data can be visualized in Excel and shared to the Power BI cloud service.
Understanding of Excel analytic tools such as tables, pivot tables and pivot charts, and experience in working with data from databases and text files will be helpful.
This course is available in self-paced format. The course is designed for self-paced study of around 2-4 hours per week for six weeks, including lectures, quizzes, labs and further readings. You can listen to the lecture, review the additional reading materials (links), attempt the quizzes (you may need to try some the options out in Excel), and work on the labs exercises at any time. So instead of using six weeks for studying, you can complete this course in few days as well.
Each week, you should expect to spend 2-4 hours on the course, including:
This course includes coursework, some of which is graded. Each module in the course includes lecture videos, additional reading materials (links), graded short quizzes, and graded lab exercises. The quizzes account for 30% of the total grade, the lab exercises accounts for 65% of the total grade, and the two mandatory surveys account for the remaining 5%. You must achieve an overall score of 70% to pass the course. For the quizzes/labs questions, you have between one to four maximum attempts at each question, depending on the type of the question.