This is a self-study course in SoveltoX learning platform. The course is free of charge. Optionally you may verify your course completion with official Microsoft certificate through using Course Completion Voucher!
With this combination of expert instruction, demonstrations, and practical labs, step from your first SELECT statement through to implementing transactional programmatic logic.
Work through multiple modules, each of which explore a key area of the Transact-SQL language, with a focus on querying and modifying data in Microsoft SQL Server or Azure SQL Database. The labs in this course use a sample database that can be deployed easily in Azure SQL Database, so you get hands-on experience with Transact-SQL without installing or configuring a database server.
Transact-SQL is a fundamental skill for anyone who needs to work with databases and data. We hope you have an enriching and engaging learning experience.
The course is organized into modules that each contain one or more lessons, which in turn contain topics.
The course will take an estimated 6-8 hours per week for six weeks, including lecture, further reading, hands-on labs, and assessments.
The course is self-paced, so you are expected to work through the materials and submit the graded assignments at your own pace.
Module assessments account for 60% of the total grade, and the final assessment accounts for the remaining 40%. You must achieve an overall score of 70% to pass the course.
Module 1: Introduction to Transact-SQL
Lab 1: Introduction to Transact-SQL
Module 2: Querying Tables with SELECT
Lab 2: Querying Tables with SELECT
Module 3: Querying Multiple Tables with Joins
Lab 3: Querying Multiple Tables with Joins
Module 4: Using Set Operators
Lab 4: Using Set Operators
Module 5: Using Functions and Aggregating Data
Lab 5: Using Functions and Aggregating Data
Module 6: Using Subqueries and APPLY
Lab 6: Using Subqueries and APPLY
Module 7: Using Table Expressions
Lab 7: Using Table Expressions
Module 8: Grouping Sets and Pivoting Data
Lab 8: Grouping Sets and Pivoting Data
Module 9: Modifying Data
Lab 9: Modifying Data
Module 10: Programming with Transact-SQL
Lab 10: Programming with Transact-SQL
Module 11: Error Handling and Transactions
Lab 11: Error Handling and Transactions